Eddie Hearn has revealed Tyson Fury personally called Anthony Joshua to try and organise a potentially huge heavyweight clash between the pair.
The 'Gypsy King' is set to return to the ring on June 9 following a lengthy hiatus from the sport but doesn't want waste too much time before putting a date with Joshua in the diary.
Fury has repeatedly expressed interest in fighting Joshua over the last few months and Hearn has revealed just how much the Manchester native wanted to pen a deal.
While speaking at a charity event, Hearn claimed that the 29-year-old directly called Joshua in order to expedite the entire process, despite already having an upcoming fight.
"We were talking on the phone last week and he sent me a list of four or five guys [he wants to fight]," he said, as per the Daily Star.
"He says to me 'I'll fight four of these guys – then I want 50-50 with AJ'.
"I said 'you're on another planet' and he told me he was going to ring Anthony."
Hearn then went on explain the hilarious details of what happened next.
He added: "Then I phoned AJ and I told him he might get Tyson Fury calling.
"And he said 'hold on, he's on the other line' – you couldn't make it up.
"Then, later on, we were in a meeting and he [Fury] sent me a picture message [with his middle finger up].
"Anthony then grabbed my phone and sent the same thing back."
While Fury continues his efforts to setup a mouth-watering clash with Joshua, the man from Watford has other things in mind, having recently become the unified champion with the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO crowns under his belt.
There has been much speculation regarding a fight between the 28-year-old and Deontay Wilder.
It is now confirmed that the American has publicly accepted to fight the Brit after the WBC champion told the camera: "Anthony – tell Eddie and Barry [Hearn] to check their email".
So Fury may have to wait a little longer before he can settle the score with AJ in an all-British showdown.News Now - Sport News