Matthijs de Ligt's Juventus career is yet to get going.
The Dutch defender was the Bianconeri's marquee signing of the summer, as they beat Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain to the 20-year-old's coveted signature.
But De Ligt has found adjusting to life out in Italy tough and was he ruthlessly exposed to Napoli's brilliant attack in Juve's 4-3 win prior to the international break.
He was arguably at fault for all three of Napoli's goals, but filling in for Giorgio Chiellini - who will be out injured for around six months - was never going to be easy.
And given De Ligt's performances for Ajax and Holland in 2018/19, it seems almost inevitable that he will be worth that £67m transfer fee.
- Kevin De Bruyne's masterclass vs Scotland
- 'Virgil van Dijk can never match Sergio Ramos'
- Check out our new GIVEMESPORT homepage
Juve will certainly be hoping that he lives up to expectations, because the Serie A champions are investing a lot of money into the Dutchman aside from that one-off transfer fee.
As revealed by Gazzetta dello Sport, per Football Italia, De Ligt is already the second-highest earner in the Italian top-flight, with a basic salary of €8m-per-year.
Cristiano Ronaldo's €31m-per-year wage dwarfs his teammates, but it's still surprising that the youngster is already raking in such a huge wad of bills every month.
Serie A's 20 highest earners (basic salary + bonuses)
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus, €31m)
2. Matthijs De Ligt (Juventus, €8m + €4m)
3. Romelu Lukaku (Inter, €7.5 + €1.5m)
4. Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus, €7.5m)
5. Paulo Dybala (Juventus, €7.3m)
6. Adrien Rabiot (Juventus, €7m + €2m)
7. Aaron Ramsey (Juventus, €7m)
8. Miralem Pjanic (Juventus, €6.5m)
9. Douglas Costa [Juventus, €6m)
10. Mario Mandzukic (Juventus, €6m)
11. Sami Khedira (Juventus, €6m)
12. Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan, €6m)
13. Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli, €6m)
14. Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus, €5.5m)
15. Edin Dzeko (Roma, €5m + €1m)
16. Diego Godin (Inter, €5 + €1m)
17. Alex Sandro (Juventus, €5m)
18. Emre Can (Juventus, €5m)
19. Alexis Sanchez (Inter, €5m)
20. Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli, € 4.6m)
De Ligt is already earning way more than fellow Juve defenders Bonucci and Sandro, while Chiellini doesn't even make the top 20.
The fact the Dutchman makes €2m-per-year more than the league's best defender, Koulibaly, is a bit of a joke.
Juve need their new signing to start backing up his salary out on the pitch.News Now - Sport News