Football is a team sport.
It may be strikers who get most of the praise for putting the ball into the net, but their job would be nearly impossible without the 10 men behind them.
Sometimes though, we get to witness two players forming a fierce partnership that leaves defenders quaking in their boots.
If a duo are on the same wavelength, they can both score goals while simultaneously assisting each other.
That really is a managers dream. Just think Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, or Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, for example.
- Top 10 strike partnerships in PL history
- Kaka weighs in on Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes debate
- Europe's top-scoring teenagers of last 15 years
But have you ever wondered who the deadliest partnerships in Premier League history are?
Well, wonder no more, because The Sun have worked out just that.
The newspaper has based its rankings on the number of goals each duo averages every 90 minutes, rather than the total number of goals scored.
It also only takes into account partnerships that have spent over 5,000 minutes on the pitch together.
So without further ado, check out the top five below:
5) Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard | Liverpool | 81 goals | 1.13 goals per 90 minutes
4) Thierry Henry and Robert Pires | Arsenal | 162 goals | 1.21 goals per 90 minutes
3) Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling | Man City | 100 goals | 1.22 goals per 90 minutes
2) Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane | Liverpool | 89 goals | 1.26 goals per 90 minutes
1) Harry Kane and Son Heung-min | Tottenham | 102 goals | 1.29 goals per 90 minutes
Be honest - did you really expect to see the Spurs duo of Son and Kane named as the Premier League's greatest ever?
But the stats don't lie, those two have an incredible goal output when they're on the pitch together.
It's just a massive shame for Jose Mourinho that the duo probably won't be playing together again this season, considering both are out with long-term injuries.
When they are back fit though, expect Son and Kane to add more to their already impressive total of 102 goals.News Now - Sport News