The Lionel Messi saga is finally over... for now.
Last month the Argentine told Barcelona he wanted to leave but was blocked by the club, who demanded his €700m release clause be paid.
Messi though, felt he was within his rights to activate a special clause which would allow him to walk away for nothing at the end of the season.
With neither side backing down, the only way to settle the situation would be to drag it through court and that's something no one wanted.
On Friday, the player accepted his fate and confirmed he'll stay at Camp Nou - but he's made his feelings clear.
"I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will stay at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute.
"The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster."
Messi will be a Barcelona player for the 2020/21 season, but it might be his last at Camp Nou.
Because according to Eurosport, Manchester City are still confident of signing the forward, just 12 months later than originally planned.
It's reported that the Premier League club expect to recover the negotiations with Jorge Messi and manager Pep Guardiola is relieved that there won't be any court proceedings with his former club.
Man City can negotiate a pre-contract with Messi as early as January 2021 and will offer him three seasons in England and two more with New York City in the MLS.
The player is said to be happy with that offer as it guarantees him five more years of football and will also ensure he's challenging for the Champions League and Ballon d'Or awards.
Barcelona may have got their man to stay, but it sounds like he'll only have 12 months left at Camp Nou.
- Lionel Messi's in-depth interview after confirming future
- Chelsea confirm signing of Kai Havertz
- Barcelona's potential starting XI for 2020/21 season