Lionel Messi is approaching the twilight years of his glittering career.
The Barcelona man is now 33 and while he's still probably the best player in the world, fans of the beautiful game will have to start planning for a life without the Argentine in the near future.
Both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have re-defined the sport in the modern era, scoring and assisting goals at rates scarcely believable at the start of the millennium.
As such, they have been consistently two of the most valuable players on the planet according to the Transfermarkt database, with Messi's value peaking at £162m back on January 1, 2018.
However, with the great man now getting on in years - in football terms anyway - his value has now fallen below the nine-figure mark for the first time since 2012.
You can view the 25 most valuable La Liga players below.
25. Clement Lenglet | Barcelona | £45m
24. Toni Kroos | Real Madrid | £45m
23. Diego Carlos | Sevilla | £45m
22. Renan Lodi | Atletico Madrid | £45m
21. Vinicius Junior | Real Madrid | £45m
20. Ousmane Dembele | Barcelona | £45m
19. Miralem Pjanic | Barcelona | £45m
18. Lucas Ocampos | Sevilla | £45m
17. Eden Hazard | Real Madrid | £54m
16. Philippe Coutinho | Barcelona | £54m
15. Koke | Atletico Madrid | £54m
14. Mikel Oyarzabal | Real Sociedad | £54m
13. Casemiro | Real Madrid | £58.5m
12. Jose Gimenez | Atletico Madrid | £63m
11. Saul Niguez | Atletico Madrid | £63m
10. Federico Valverde | Real Madrid | £63m
9. Frenkie de Jong | Barcelona | £63m
8. Raphael Varane | Real Madrid | £63m
7. Marc-Andre ter Stegen | Barcelona | £67.5m
6. Thibaut Courtois | Real Madrid | £67.5m
5. Antoine Griezmann | Barcelona | £72m
4. Ansu Fati | Barcelona | £72m
3. Joao Felix | Atletico Madrid | £72m
2. Jan Oblak | Atletico Madrid | £81m
1. Lionel Messi | Barcelona | £90m
Fati is closing in on his mentor!
The 17-year-old sensation has been the talk of the town in 2020/21, scoring three goals in as many La Liga games and the La Masia graduate more than merits his new eye-catching valuation.
Unfortunately, Hazard has gone in the complete opposite direction to Fati, the Belgian's value halving in less than a year.
Teammates Casemiro, Valverde, Varane and Courtois are all ahead of the Belgian winger, but not a single Los Blancos player makes the top five - despite winning La Liga last season.
Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema miss out on the top 25 altogether, as do Barcelona duo Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba.
A new era of Spanish football is upon us!
- Ranking the 15 worst player unveilings of all time
- Luis Suarez accused of bizarre handball appeal vs Villarreal
- Starting XI created from the most surprising moves of the summer