Valorant is expected to be hit with a further patch and we have everything that you need to know regarding the latest changes.
The free-to-play first-person hero shooter continues to have its say as far as this segment of the gaming market is concerned, amassing a total that eclipsed 14 million monthly active players since its launch last year.
Because of this, in June this year, Riot Games announced that there will be a mobile spin-off of the successful 5v5 shooter, in an attempt to expand the franchise as a whole.
While there are little details about their all-new handheld version at this stage, we can focus on what is to come in 3.04 and what alterations will be made to specific heroes in Valorant.
In 3.03, the biggest changes came with Viper, where it was technically a bug fix rather than a buff or nerf. Issues with Viper's Pit were rectified when it came to its formation and placement.
This was really the only significant gameplay change that was made, with 3.03 being a fairly small update that ironed out some loose creases in the game.
With this in mind, we expect a vast amount of alterations in 3.04, based on community feedback of course, that will hopefully solve a few more issues that arise.
That being said, here is everything that we know regarding Valorant 3.04 so far:
Valorant 3.04 Patch Notes
As of 16th August 2021, the patch notes for update 3.04 are yet to be released. With 3.03 having only been released on 10th August, we don't expect to see a new update to be announced for a few weeks.
That being said, this could change at any point, if Riot Games believe that there is a significant issue in-game that needs to be addressed immediately.
Let's hope that is not the case. Nevertheless, we will update this article as soon as more information emerges in due course - so stay tuned!
- Fixed an issue where Omen’s Dark Cover could travel in unintended ways
- This Dark Cover bug caused the ability to settle slightly off from where it was aimed. You may notice a slight change in how the smoke behaves while travelling and settling, but it will now land exactly where the targeting preview shows.
Game System Updates
- Improvements to Performance Stats and Graphs (Settings > Video > Stats)
- Added these stats:
- Packet loss breakdowns (separate tracking for in/out and packet counts)
- Upload data usage and average packet sizes
- Packet send/receive rate
- Used/Available Memory
- Changed display to moving average for some of the noisier stats where instantaneous values aren't as relevant
- Added support for showing both average and max values for some stats
- Reduced performance cost for tracking and displaying these stats
- Fixed a bug where, in some cases, player invites would not disappear after being rejected
- Fixed a bug where Loopback test was not functioning, so you should be able to test out your voice settings once again
- Fixed a bug where the Nearsight effect is removed when you’re killed inside smokes
- Fixed Viper’s fuel will no longer continue to drain after her smokes go down if she is suppressed right as she activates Toxic Screen or Poison Cloud.
- KAY/O will no longer equip abilities that have no charges if they were equipped and used right after activating NULL/cmd
- Other abilities can no longer be placed on Cypher’s Cyber Cage projectile while it’s in mid-air
- Fixed a bug where the buff/debuff timers did not show up for spectators or observers
- Fixed a bug where ability UI would show you the suppressed effect visuals if an ally they were spectating at the end of the last round was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue that caused attackers to win if all living players died simultaneously before the Spike was planted (e.g., from the same Raze Showstopper)
- The defending team will now win in these rare cases, since they successfully prevented the attackers from planting.
- Behavior is unchanged if either team outlives the other—an elimination victory is awarded to the team that survives longer.
- Fixed an issue where turning off “Show Bullet Tracers” turned off everyone’s tracers, including your own.
- Toggling the feature off will only hide your tracers but enemy/ally tracers will still be visible.
- Fixed an issue where some settings were not saved properly
- This affected Perf Stats & Graphs, as well as some Shooting Range settings.
Be sure to click on one of the links below if you would like to see what changes were made to Valorant in previous patches here:
You can find all of the latest Esports and Gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News