About Alexis Sanchez
After starting his career in his home country of Chile, Alexis Sanchez was signed by Serie A side Udinese, where he started to make a name for himself.
He became the most expensive Chilean footballer of all time in 2011 when Barcelona signed him for a fee of £25 million. The winger starred alongside Lionel Messi and David Villa as he helped Barca win La Liga and Copa del Rey in two seasons.
Following the signing of Neymar, Sanchez parted ways with Barcelona, signing for Premier League side Arsenal in a deal worth £31.7 million. The Chilean immediately established himself as a superstar, scoring 60 goals in just 122 games for the north London club.
Sanchez made the Premier League PFA Team of the Year in the 2014-15 season, the same season Arsenal won the FA Cup. He also scored the opening goal, two years later as Arsenal added another FA Cup trophy to their cabinet.
In January 2018, he completed a transfer to Manchester United, a move that faltered his career, before moving to Inter Milan.
He played a huge part in his country’s only two major trophies, scoring the winning goal in the 2015 Copa America final against Argentina, before receiving Player of the Tournament as Chile defended their title a year later.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Alexis Sanchez Stories
- Salah, Ronaldo, Sterling: Who's the Premier League's greatest ever winger?
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Has Man Utd star broken the curse of the No.7 shirt?
- Messi, Neymar, Suarez: Which South American players have the most international goals?
- Ronaldo, Cavani, Beckham: Who has worn Man Utd's No. 7 jersey in the Premier League era?
- Cristiano Ronaldo: What happened to the 10 players tipped to be 'the next Ronaldo'?
- Cristiano Ronaldo to Man Utd: Will CR7 become highest-paid Premier League player?