Fight record and stats
Daniel Dubois is a professional boxer who competes in the Heavyweight division, and is believed to be one of the most exciting young prospects in the sport.
Born in Greenwich, London on 6th September 1997, Dubois got into boxing at the age of nine due to his father’s attempts to steer him away from trouble in South London. He had 75 fights as an amateur, winning two English schoolboy titles. He was selected for the Great Britain Olympic team with the chance to compete at Tokyo in 2020. But Dubois opted to turn professional instead despite only taking part in a handful of senior bouts.
The Englishman made his debut in April 2017 against Marcus Kelly, and made an instant impact on the division after knocking him out in just 35 seconds of the first round. He would go on to become English Heavyweight champion after just eight fights. Dubois also picked up the WBO International and Commonwealth titles just after his victory against Nathan Gorman in July and went on to make two successful defences of the belts.
However, Dubois would lose his titles after being defeated by Joe Joyce in his last fight back in November 2020, which was the result of a damaged eye socket that left him unable to continue. To date, this has been the only defeat of his career but is still hugely respected in the boxing community.
You can find all of the latest boxing news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
15-1-0; 14 wins by KO
Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce
Loss by KO - Church House, London, 28th November 2020
Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders
Win by TKO - BT Sport Studios, London, 29th August 2020
Daniel Dubois vs Kyotaro Fujimoto
Win by KO - Copper Box Arena, London, 21st December 2019
Daniel Dubois vs Ebenezer Tetteh
Win by TKO - Royal Albert Hall, London, 27th September 2019
Daniel Dubois vs Nathan Gorman
Win by KO - The O2 Arena, London, 13th July 2019
Daniel Dubois vs Richard Lartey
Win by KO - The SSE Arena, London, 27th April 20109
- Man City's Scott Carson makes debut v Newcastle and receives guard of honour
- Liverpool: Luis Suarez's efforts in 2013/14 made into stunning compilation
- Man City's Ferran Torres scores incredible back-heel vs Newcastle
- Lionel Messi destroyed Man United with just four touches in 2019
- Liverpool's Andy Robertson showed incredible speed to hunt down Marcus Rashford
- Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney: The most prolific U21 player in every season since 2000
- Liverpool: Thiago Alcantara's brilliant highlights vs Man United
- Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland slaps Mahmoud Dahoud for premature celebrations
- Javier Mascherano's tackle on Nicklas Bendtner saved his Barcelona career
- Bruno Fernandes ‘spent half the night crying’ against Liverpool, claims Roy Keane