Eddie Hall Profile
Eddie Hall is a British former professional strongman who competed in England’s, the UK’s and the World’s Strongest Man events.
Born in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire on 15th January 1988, Hall began in competitive sport as a swimmer during his teenage years. Also known as ‘The Beast,’ the Englishman was originally working as a lorry technician while interest in bodybuilding and strongman lifting was nothing more than a hobby rather than a career. But after he started to model himself on his childhood hero Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hall started to take his gym work more seriously.
His training entered a new level after he entered the strongman circuit in 2008, having taken part in a competition at the Iceman gym in Stoke-on-Trent. Two years later, he replaced Dave Meer in the England championships and won on his first attempt by half a point.
A year later, Hall won the UK’s Strongest Man in Belfast and set a new national record with the “Viking Hold.” This meant that the Englishman could progress to the World’s Strongest Man (WSM) competition, but failed to qualify until 2014 where he finished sixth.
In 2015, Hall was setting new records after achieving the heaviest deadlift of 462 kg (1,019 lb; 72.8 st) at the Arnold Classic in Australia, which he topped by an extra kilogram at the World Deadlift Championships that same year. The achievements kept coming with the Elephant Bar deadlift, but the ultimate prize came around in July 2016 where he became the first man in history to deadlift 500 kg (1,102 lb).
Hall followed this up by achieving his ultimate goal, winning the WSM in 2017 and announced his intention to retire from strongman competition after health-related concerns. Since stepping away, Hall has become a television personality and is active on social media.
You can follow all of the latest boxing news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
Where can I find Eddie Hall on social media?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Eddie Hall Stories
- Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson: Boxing, Date, Tickets, Stats, Odds, Where To Watch And Everything You Need To Know
- Eddie Hall boxing: Beast's punching power demonstrated as he breaks machine
- "Thor - I'm coming for you!" - Eddie Hall throws jibe at Bjornsson while reacting to Devon Larratt fight
- Hafthor Bjornsson vs Eddie Hall: Thor sends message to The Beast after Devon Larratt win
- Hafthor Bjornsson: Photo of scrawny 19-year-old Thor highlights unreal body transformation
- Hafthor Bjornsson predicts knockout win over Devon Larratt as 'he's obviously very new to boxing'