Francis Ngannou- Profile
Francis Ngannou is a Canadian-French professional MMA fighter. Also known as The Predator on the ring, Ngannou currently holds the record for the highest punching power ever measured by the UFC. He broke the previous record of 114,000 units set by kickboxing champion Tyrone Spong by hitting the mark of 123,161 units.
Ngannou was born in Cameroon and had a tough upbringing as he spent a lot of his youth in poverty. At 22, he picked up boxing but had to stop after a year due to an illness.
He finally got the opportunity to train properly after moving to Paris and you could see how hard he wanted to become a fighter as he had no money or shelter to begin with. He finally got his opportunity in the fighting world when he got to train for free in 2013 under Didier Carmont. Being a fan of Mike Tyson, he was inclined towards boxing but his coach introduced him to MMA and his career began.
He has never forgotten his childhood and aims to help others by founding The Francis Ngannou Foundation. It is the first of its kind combat sports gym in his native country Cameroon and he set up this foundation to offer the kind of facilities to young people that he never had, and help them
pursue their dreams in sports.
He then made his professional debut in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2015 and won by knockout.
You can find all of the latest UFC news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
Francis Ngannou vs Alistair Overeem Win by knockout, Michigan, United States of America, December 2nd 2017,
Francis Ngannou vs Stipe Miocic- Loss by unanimous decision, Massachusetts, United States of America. 20th January 2018
Francis Ngannou vs Derrick Lewis- Loss by unanimous decision, Las Vegas, United States of America, 7th July 2018
Francis Ngannou vs Cain Velasquez- Win by knockout, Arizona, United States of America, February 17th 2019
Francis Ngannou vs Junior Dos Santos- Win by knockout, Minnesota, United States of America, June 29th 2019
Where can I find Francis Ngannou on social media?
You can find the UFC star on both Twitter and Instagram.
Latest Francis Ngannou Stories
- Alexander Volkov praises Ciryl Gane and admits he respects his fellow UFC fighter
- Jon Jones next fight: UFC star's physique from light heavyweight to heavyweight
- Carlos Takam reveals chat with Francis Ngannou over Joe Joyce fight
- UFC's Francis Ngannou has got himself seriously stacked in the last three years
- McGregor, Jones, Usman, Adesanya, Poirier: UFC's greatest active male fighters ranked
- Stipe Miocic open to fighting Jon Jones but targeting Francis Ngannou trilogy fight
- Dana White reacts to Jon Jones appointing Richard Schaefer as his advisor
- Jon Jones reveals timeline for UFC return
- WWE champion Bobby Lashley calls out UFC champion Francis Ngannou