About Gareth Bale
Gareth Bale is a world-class winger currently playing for Real Madrid in La Liga.
Discussed as one of the world’s best footballing talents, Bale moved to Real Madrid in 2013 for a world-record fee at the time of approximately £90 million, eclipsing the £80 million that Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
After joining Tottenham Hotspur following a youth career in Southampton’s world-renowned academy, the Welsh superstar set the Premier League alight. Under Harry Redknapp, he won PFA Player of the Year in 2011 and 2013, as well as being named in the UEFA Team of the Year.
Bale made his Real Madrid debut in September 2013 and went on to play an integral part that season, scoring the winning goals in the final of the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
In 2018, Bale scored a sensational brace against Liverpool to secure his fourth Champions League trophy for Real Madrid, his first was a stunning bicycle kick past Loris Karius.
After making his international debut for Wales back in May 2006, Bale has gone on to surpass Ian Rush as his nation’s all-time top scorer and has been voted Welsh Footballer of the Year a record number of times.
Bale returned to Tottenham on a season-long loan in September 2020.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Gareth Bale Stories
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi: How much do Man Utd & PSG stars get paid?
- Suarez, Bale, Henderson: 12 Premier League heroes who flopped in their first season
- Bale, Pogba, Pickford: Which stars play better for their countries than for their clubs?
- Belarus 2-3 Wales: Gareth Bale scores 93rd minute winner to complete hat-trick
- Ronaldo, Rooney, Lukaku: The most expensive Premier League transfers adjusted for inflation
- Camavinga to Real Madrid: How Ancelotti’s side could line-up with French youngster