About Gareth Bale
Gareth Bale is a world-class winger currently playing for Real Madrid in La Liga.
Discussed as one of the world’s best footballing talents, Bale moved to Real Madrid in 2013 for a world-record fee at the time of approximately £90 million, eclipsing the £80 million that Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
After joining Tottenham Hotspur following a youth career in Southampton’s world-renowned academy, the Welsh superstar set the Premier League alight. Under Harry Redknapp, he won PFA Player of the Year in 2011 and 2013, as well as being named in the UEFA Team of the Year.
Bale made his Real Madrid debut in September 2013 and went on to play an integral part that season, scoring the winning goals in the final of the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
In 2018, Bale scored a sensational brace against Liverpool to secure his fourth Champions League trophy for Real Madrid, his first was a stunning bicycle kick past Loris Karius.
After making his international debut for Wales back in May 2006, Bale has gone on to surpass Ian Rush as his nation’s all-time top scorer and has been voted Welsh Footballer of the Year a record number of times.
Bale returned to Tottenham on a season-long loan in September 2020.
- Man Utd's Bruno Fernandes mercilessly mocked for taking inspiration from Andres Iniesta
- Liverpool: When Barcelona's Jordi Alba cried at half-time in 4-0 defeat
- Barcelona: Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola changed football forever vs Real Madrid in 2009
- Zinedine Zidane: The day he turned up and bossed 5-a-side session
- Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury: AJ's Wikipedia page has been edited