About Gareth Bale
Gareth Bale is a world-class winger currently playing for Real Madrid in La Liga.
Discussed as one of the world’s best footballing talents, Bale moved to Real Madrid in 2013 for a world-record fee at the time of approximately £90 million, eclipsing the £80 million that Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
After joining Tottenham Hotspur following a youth career in Southampton’s world-renowned academy, the Welsh superstar set the Premier League alight. Under Harry Redknapp, he won PFA Player of the Year in 2011 and 2013, as well as being named in the UEFA Team of the Year.
Bale made his Real Madrid debut in September 2013 and went on to play an integral part that season, scoring the winning goals in the final of the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
In 2018, Bale scored a sensational brace against Liverpool to secure his fourth Champions League trophy for Real Madrid, his first was a stunning bicycle kick past Loris Karius.
After making his international debut for Wales back in May 2006, Bale has gone on to surpass Ian Rush as his nation’s all-time top scorer and has been voted Welsh Footballer of the Year a record number of times.
Bale returned to Tottenham on a season-long loan in September 2020.
- Man Utd 1-2 Sheffield United: Man Utd's defending for winning-goal was awful
- Chelsea 0-0 Wolves: Video shows the difference Thomas Tuchel has already made
- Sevilla 3-0 Valencia: Julen Lopetegui's side score incredible team goal in Copa del Rey win
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: When Cristiano Ronaldo showed the AC Milan striker who's boss in 2013
- Conor McGregor: Khabib Nurmagomedov comparison shows how to deal with leg kicks
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Romelu Lukaku: Paul Pogba responds to claims Zlatan is racist
- Chelsea vs Wolves: PA system plays 'Another One Bites The Dust' before kick-off
- Jack Grealish goes on insane run and nearly scores Puskas award contender in Burnley 3-2 Aston Villa
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang explains reason for Arsenal absence in emotional statement
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Romelu Lukaku: Everything that was said during their Milan derby clash