About Iker Casillas
Iker Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers of all time, mainly known for his time with Real Madrid and Spain.
Casillas played 725 times for Real Madrid and 167 times for Spain, during which he won multiple international trophies and domestic trophies.
Born in Madrid on May 20, 1981, Casillas began his career with the Real Madrid C team in 1998. He was soon promoted to the club’s first team, with his spectacular agility and handling helping him to quickly become their number one goalkeeper. He went on to win five La Liga titles, two Copa del Rey titles and three Champions League titles, most of which as team captain.
Casillas is one of the most respected and influential goalkeepers of all time. He was influential in Spain’s stunning undefeated tournament run, where they won the 2008 European Championship, the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 European Championship consecutively.
Casillas’ reputation saw him nominated for numerous awards and Team of the Year trophies. He came fourth in the 2008 Ballon d’Or awards and was voted in the UEFA Team of the Year six consecutive times.
The Spaniard signed for Portuguese outfit Porto in 2015. While with the club, he broke the Champions League record for the most clean sheets in the competition, keeping his 51st clean sheet in 2015. After a severe heart attack put his career at risk, Casillas returned to training with Porto in July 2019.
- Alexander Isak: Sweden star had no idea who Gary Lineker was after Slovakia win
- England 0-0 Scotland: Rio Ferdinand's comments before Euro 2020 clash have aged terribly
- Thiago: Liverpool and Spain star says he hates modern football and slams VAR
- Harry Kane: England star's attitude questioned by Paolo Di Canio after Scotland draw
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Video of Jose Mourinho turning Real Madrid icon into a striker vs Barca
- Hafthor Bjornsson vs Eddie Hall boxing: Dan Bilzerian $25k challenge smashed by Thor
- England: Ian Wright questions key Gareth Southgate decisions in Euro 2020 draw vs Scotland
- Harry Kane: England star's interview after Scotland game drowned out by boos
- England 0-0 Scotland: Billy Gilmour praised by Frank Lampard and compared to N'Golo Kante
- Luis Enrique made Coca Cola point before Cristiano Ronaldo during Euro 2020 presser