Fight record and stats
Joe Joyce is a professional boxer who competes in the Heavyweight division with a decorated amateur background that began before winning the gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games - as well as the title at the 2015 European Games in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Born in London on 19th September 1985, the 35-year-old was a late joiner to the sport compared to the majority of others, taking up boxing at the age of 22 after his dream of pursuing a track and field career diminished after suffering injuries. Interestingly, Joyce is on record saying “I don’t really like boxing, but I enjoy doing it.”
Appropriately known as the ‘Juggernaut’ and after winning the silver medal at the 2016 Olympic Games, he turned professional the following July at the age of 31 - making his debut against experienced fighter Ian Lewison and came out on top in what was an impressive display.
Joyce featured on various undercards of big British fights as he made his name at York Hall and the O2 Arena, picking up the Commonwealth Heavyweight belt after just four fights. After six-straight victories, the Englishman made his way over to the United States and won the WBA Continental and WBA Gold Heavyweight titles, beating Joe Hanks and the respected Bermane Stiverne both by knockouts.
His career continued to progress after beating Alexander Ustinov and Michael Wallisch by TKOs, as well as Michael Wallisch behind closed doors. Without a doubt, the biggest fight of his career came against Daniel Dubois, knocking him down in the 10th round and securing the British Heavyweight title - previously held by the likes of Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. Joyce is still undefeated and has a bright future ahead of him.
You can find more boxing news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
12-0-0; 11 wins by KO
Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois
Win by KO - Church House, London, 28th November 2020
Joe Joyce vs Michael Wallisch
Win by TKO - BT Sport Studio, London, 25th July 2020
Joe Joyce vs Bryant Jennings
Win via unanimous decision, The O2 Arena, London, 13th July 2019
Joe Joyce vs Alexander Ustinov
Win by TKO - Lamex Stadium, Stevenage, 18th May 2019
Joe Joyce vs Bermane Stiverne
Win by TKO - The O2 Arena, London, 23rd February 2019
Joe Joyce vs Joe Hanks
Win by KO - Staples Center, Los Angeles, 1st December 2018
- Jose Mourinho will be the new Roma manager for 2021/22
- Liverpool's Adrian scored hilarious solo goal in Mark Noble's testimonial
- Rangers 4-1 Celtic: Alfredo Morelos' clash with Scott Brown shown in new footage
- Conor McGregor owning Urijah Faber with 'best insult in MMA history'
- Lukaku, Depay, Di Maria: The best XI of players sold by Man United since 2010
Latest Joe Joyce Stories
- Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury: Joe Joyce claims AJ's negativity will cost him boxing superfight
- Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Canelo Alvarez: Who was the greatest boxer in 2020?
- Boxing: Frank Warren brands Eddie Hearn's comments 'c***ish' after Daniel Dubois injury
- Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois: Fury, Joshua, Lewis give their prediction for the fight
- Daniel Dubois v Joe Joyce: Video of Dubois' top KO's shows his frightening raw power