Fight record and stats
Kubrat Pulev is a Bulgarian professional heavyweight boxer who has twice held the European heavyweight title and once challenged for the unified world title in 2014.
The defeat against Wladimir Klitschko remains the fighters only defeat in a 29 fight career. Kubrat who was born in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia in 1981 is known as Kobrata ‘The Cobra’ and is scheduled to fight Anthony Joshua at the O2 Arena for his second shot at the world title. The 12th December fight is for the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles.
The Bulgarian is not known for finishing fights within the distance and his knockout percentage ratio is somewhat down on his main rivals in the division.
Pulev has had notable wins against Derek Chisora and Hughie Fury.
Kubrat Pulev Record
Fights: 29 Wins: 28 By KO: 14 Losses: 1
Kubrat Pulev vs. Wladimir Klitschko
15 Nov 2014, O2 World, Hamburg, Germany - Round 5 KO defeat, For IBF, and The Ring heavyweight titles
Kubrat Pulev vs. Derek Chisora
7 May 2016, Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, Germany - Round 12 Split decision win - Won vacant European heavyweight title
Kubrat Pulev vs. Hughie Fury
27 Oct 2018, Arena Armeec, Sofia, Bulgaria, Round 12 UD.
Kubrat Pulev vs. Anthony Joshua
12 Dec 2020, The O2 Arena, London, England - For WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Kubrat Pulev Stories
- Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk: AJ beat up Kubrat Pulev so bad he had him running away
- Andy Ruiz Jr next fight: Wilder, Whyte, Parker could be in his sights
- Anthony Joshua: Floyd Mayweather's three-word advice before brutal Kubrat Pulev KO
- Anthony Joshua highlights moment he called Kubrat Pulev a ‘p****’ mid-fight
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua shows how he used Floyd Mayweather's signature move v Kubrat Pulev
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua was sent an emphatic message by Kubrat Pulev after fight