About Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton is a British Formula One racing driver for German team Mercedes, and is one of the most successful drivers of his generation.
He was born on January 7, 1985 in the English town of Stevenage and debuted in Formula One in 2007 for McLaren.
The British driver would go on to narrowly miss out on the World Championship that year by a solitary point to Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.
The Brit, however, won his first title the following year in 2008, but his team McLaren would go on to struggle in terms of car development from 2009-2012.
In 2013, Hamilton moved to German manufacture Mercedes, replacing the great Michael Schumacher at the Silver Arrows.
Success soon followed as in the subsequent years, Hamilton won his second and third titles in 2014 and 2015, before narrowly missing out to teammate Nico Rosberg in 2016.
Following Rosberg’s surprise retirement at the end of 2016, Hamilton was partnered with Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas for the start of the 2017 campaign.
Despite challenges from the likes of Ferrari and Red Bull, the Brit went on to secure a further three world titles to move within one championship of Schumacher’s record of seven.
- Laurel Hubbard: Weightlifter will be first transgender to compete at the Olympics
- Ronaldo and Messi: Laporta reportedly ‘dreaming’ of legends playing together at Barcelona
- Man Utd and Liverpool accused of being 'real founders' of the European Super League
- Euro 2020 day 10: Verratti masterclass, Ampadu makes history & other things you may have missed
- Euro 2020: Mancini showed his class with Sirigu substitution during Italy 1-0 Wales
- Euro 2020: Who could England play in the round of 16?
- Best goal of 2021? Jakob Glesnes scores dramatic equaliser in Phila Union 2-2 Atlanta Utd
- Man United news: Club to offer midfield star huge £400,000-a-week contract
- Cristiano Ronaldo's body transformation between Euro 2004 and Euro 2020 is so impressive
- Lionel Messi: Damning video sums up Barcelona star's career with Argentina