About Luka Modric
Luka Modric is a Croatian footballer who was born in Zadar, Croatia; he currently plays as a midfielder for the Croatian national team and the Spanish football club Real Madrid.
Although he had a troubled childhood, as he grew up during the peak of the Croatian War of Independence, Luka continued playing football during his childhood years.
In the early 2000s, he signed for Dinamo Zagreb. During his time, he was loaned out twice to Zrinjski Mostar and Inter Zapresic respectively. He debuted for Dinamo in 2005, and in the next three years, he led his team to win three consecutive league titles, scoring 26 goals.
In 2008, he moved to the Premier League to play for Tottenham Hotspur, where he made a name for himself despite the team not having much success. He joined Real Madrid in 2012, where he led them to win three consecutive Champions League titles, a La Liga title and the Copa del Rey in 2014.
He has won prestigious awards such as ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player’ and the ‘Ballon d’Or’ in 2018, and he was awarded the La Liga ‘Best Midfielder’ award in 2016.
He also led his national team to the final of the 2018 World Cup and won the ‘Golden Ball’.
Trending Luka Modric Stories
Latest Luka Modric Stories
- Ramos, Ronaldo, Zidane: Real Madrid's 50 greatest players in history have been ranked
- England vs Croatia: Luka Modric calls English media 'arrogant' ahead of Euro 2020 clash
- Ronaldo, Mbappe, De Bruyne: Who is the best player at Euro 2020?
- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: The 50 best footballers have been named and ranked
- Ronaldo, Modric, Neuer: Seven players who aren’t too old to perform at Euro 2020
- Alaba, Ramos, Hazard: How much money do Real Madrid players earn per-week?
- GIVEMESPORT Awards #30: Sergio Aguero, Edinson Cavani and Pep Guardiola claim prizes
- Atletico Madrid win La Liga: Luis Suarez was very emotional in his post-match interview
- Harry Kane: Chelsea willing to offer £46.6m-valued duo in deal for Tottenham star