About Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli is an Italian footballer who plays for Brescia in Serie A.
Often seen as a polarising character, he has been in trouble many times on and off the pitch. Born to African parents and raised in Sicily, Balotelli began his career as a footballer with Lumezzane and made his senior debut at the age of 15, he made his debut in the ‘Serie C1’ league.
In 2007, he joined Internazionale, where he scored 20 goals in 59 appearances. His two-year-long association with them was plagued with disciplinary issues, which led to him getting suspended from the first team in 2009.
Manchester City acquired him in 2010, and his performance continued to flourish with the team. He scored 20 goals in 54 appearances and was well-liked by the fans. He assisted the most famous goal in their history which allowed them to secure the league title in 2012, when he passed the ball to Sergio Aguero for a last-minute winner on the final day of the season.
Following a violent incident and falling out with back-room staff, he left Manchester City and returned home to join AC Milan. After his one-and-a-half-year-long stint with Milan, the striker returned to the Premier League with Liverpool. However, he was unable to cement a place in the team - scoring only one goal and was soon loaned back to Milan and then transferred to Nice where he began to piece his career back together.
Whilst playing for Nice, he amassed 33 goals in 61 games before securing a move to Marseille, where he stayed for one season before moving back to Italy again with Brescia.
- Chelsea vs Luton Town: Kepa Arrizabalaga howler gifts visitors goal at Stamford Bridge
- Conor McGregor responds to Khabib's tweet about his shock defeat to Dustin Poirier
- UFC 257: What Conor McGregor, on crutches, said to Dustin Poirier after fight
- UFC 257: Conor McGregor earned £40,000-per-second during defeat to Dustin Poirier
- Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, Khabib: Ranking lightweight fighters after UFC 257
- UFC 257: Conor McGregor suffers only third loss in UFC after Dustin Poirier wins on Fight Island
- UFC 257: Conor McGregor shows true class in post-fight interview after Dustin Poirier defeat
- UFC 257: Conor McGregor receives brutal meme treatment after Dustin Poirier knocks him out
- Khabib reacts to Conor McGregor’s defeat to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257
- Conor McGregor loses to Dustin Poirier: Dana White reveals what Khabib told him after UFC 257