About Roger Federer
It can be argued that Roger Federer is one of the most successful players to ever grace the sport of tennis.
The 38-year-old was born in Basel, Switzerland, and has experienced success in all four seasonal Slams while also achieving tour final victories and Olympic glory.
Federer turned professional in 1998 and stormed to success relatively quickly, with the 38-year-old being continuously ranked in the top 10 from October 2002 to November 2016. Furthermore, the Swiss-born player has written his name into the history books of the game, as he is one of eight men who've achieved a Career Grand Slam.
Outside of his direct success in the sport, his contributions and achievements in tennis have been recognised elsewhere, as Federer's received multiple awards. The 38-year-old has won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year a record five times, while also winning the BBC Overseas Sport Personality of the Year four times.
- Laurel Hubbard: Weightlifter will be first transgender to compete at the Olympics
- Euro 2020: Who could England play in the round of 16?
- Man United news: Club to offer midfield star huge £400,000-a-week contract
- Man Utd and Liverpool accused of being 'real founders' of the European Super League
- Ronaldo and Messi: Laporta reportedly ‘dreaming’ of legends playing together at Barcelona
- Euro 2020 day 10: Verratti masterclass, Ampadu makes history & other things you may have missed
- Euro 2020: Mancini showed his class with Sirigu substitution during Italy 1-0 Wales
- Best goal of 2021? Jakob Glesnes scores dramatic equaliser in Phila Union 2-2 Atlanta Utd
- Cristiano Ronaldo's body transformation between Euro 2004 and Euro 2020 is so impressive
- Lionel Messi: Damning video sums up Barcelona star's career with Argentina