Ronaldo is a retired Brazilian footballer, two-time Ballon d’Or winner and three-time FIFA Best Men’s player winner.
“Ronaldo” Luis Nazario de Lima was born on September 18, 1976, in Itaguai, Brazil. Ronaldo established himself as an unstoppable scorer for European football teams in the mid-1990s.
His playing career spanned 18 years, scoring 309 goals for club and country. He started off at Cruzeiro and went on to have spells at PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and AC Milan, before retiring at Corinthians.
His career was hampered slightly by a recurring knee injury that first happened in 1999 and would keep him out of football for nearly two years in total.
Famed as one of the best footballers of all time, he has featured in many lists about the world’s greatest ever footballers, including being named “Player of the Decade” in 2010.
He helped Brazil to win the World Cup in 2002, where he won the Golden Boot, and also in 1994. He also won the Golden Ball in 1998. Despite his individual success, he never won as many team trophies as he should have.
- Euro 2020: Hungary's Atilla Fiola's manic celebration following France goal
- Thiago: Liverpool and Spain star says he hates modern football and slams VAR
- Harry Kane: England star's attitude questioned by Paolo Di Canio after Scotland draw
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Video of Jose Mourinho turning Real Madrid icon into a striker vs Barca
- Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona: The greatest international football XI of all time
- Hafthor Bjornsson vs Eddie Hall boxing: Dan Bilzerian $25k challenge smashed by Thor
- Alexander Isak: Sweden star had no idea who Gary Lineker was after Slovakia win
- England 0-0 Scotland: Rio Ferdinand's comments before Euro 2020 clash have aged terribly
- Harry Kane: England star's interview after Scotland game drowned out by boos
- England 0-0 Scotland: Billy Gilmour praised by Frank Lampard and compared to N'Golo Kante