Ronaldo is a retired Brazilian footballer, two-time Ballon d’Or winner and three-time FIFA Best Men’s player winner.
“Ronaldo” Luis Nazario de Lima was born on September 18, 1976, in Itaguai, Brazil. Ronaldo established himself as an unstoppable scorer for European football teams in the mid-1990s.
His playing career spanned 18 years, scoring 309 goals for club and country. He started off at Cruzeiro and went on to have spells at PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and AC Milan, before retiring at Corinthians.
His career was hampered slightly by a recurring knee injury that first happened in 1999 and would keep him out of football for nearly two years in total.
Famed as one of the best footballers of all time, he has featured in many lists about the world’s greatest ever footballers, including being named “Player of the Decade” in 2010.
He helped Brazil to win the World Cup in 2002, where he won the Golden Boot, and also in 1994. He also won the Golden Ball in 1998. Despite his individual success, he never won as many team trophies as he should have.
- Bruno Fernandes: Which players have won more Premier League Player of the Month awards?
- Wayne Rooney retires: Legend's most insane moment came in MLS match for DC United
- Liverpool vs Man Utd: Ranking recent legends of the two clubs from 'GOAT' to 'overrated'
- Liverpool vs Manchester United: Jamie Carragher names Combined XI
- Chelsea fan who brushed his teeth: What was his excuse?
- Harry Kane's latest Premier League feat after scoring in Tottenham 1-1 Fulham
- Man United news: When Park Ji-Sung pocketed Andrea Pirlo in the Champions League
- Ex-Liverpool man says Man Utd will finish third because they're too reliant on Bruno Fernandes
- Eden Hazard: Spanish media react to Real Madrid star's performance vs Athletic Bilbao
- UFC news: Jon Jones shows off his body transformation as he prepares for heavyweight debut