Steven Gerrard Profile
Steven Gerrard, aged 40, is currently manager of Scottish Premier League outfit Rangers, enduring a successful playing career prior to that with Liverpool. Gerrard, who was part of the ‘golden era’ of the English national team, made 710 appearances for Liverpool, scoring 186 times and captaining the Reds to enormous success.
Throughout his playing career on Merseyside, Gerrard won the League Cup three times, FA Cup twice – including the famous ‘Steven Gerrard Final’ in 2006 against West Ham – and most notably the 2005 Champions League final in Istanbul against AC Milan in which he inspired Liverpool to come back from three goals down at half-time to win on penalties.
After 17 years at Liverpool and often compared to Frank Lampard and Paul Scholes, Gerrard spent the final year of his playing career with LA Galaxy in the MLS. Now aged 40, the former England captain is developing Rangers into an exciting outfit, sparking some much-needed competition into a Celtic-dominant division.
Record for Liverpool
Games Played: 710
FA Cup: 2001, 2006
League Cup: 2001, 2003, 2012
UEFA Champions League: 2005
UEFA Cup: 2001
UEFA Super Cup: 2001
FA Community Shield: 2006
Where can I find Steven Gerrard on social media?
You can follow Steven Gerrard and keep up to date with the Rangers boss on Instagram.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Steven Gerrard Stories
- Steven Gerrard compilation shows how Liverpool legend led his side to Champions League glory
- Jude Bellingham: Liverpool fans love his response to Gerrard or Lampard question
- Beckham, Rooney, Kane: The most prolific English player in each year of the 21st century
- Liverpool: Steven Gerrard's incredible assist vs Stoke City still needs explaining
- Rangers news: Scottish champions could "make history" in Europe
- Gerrard vs Lampard vs Scholes vs De Bruyne: Who was the better player?