About Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry is a French professional football manager and former player who is currently the coach of Major League Soccer outfit Montreal Impact.
Born on August 17, 1977 in Les Ulis, Henry spent the majority of his childhood living in a ghetto-like neighbourhood where his father encouraged him to play sport to avoid trouble on the streets.
While at the Clairefontaine Academy, he signed an apprentice contract with then Monaco manager Arsene Wenger and made his first professional appearance in 1994.
In 1996, Henry became France's Youth Player of the Year and established himself as one of top-young talents in the sport.
He scored 20 goals in 105 matches for Monaco before joining Juventus in 1999 for £10.5 million.
His time with La Vecchia Signora was short-lived, however, as Arsenal snatched the young talent up for £11 million after just one season at Juve.
It was in north London where Henry will forever be remembered as one of the top players to ever grace the Premier League. The Frenchman broke Ian Wright's record of 185 goals to become Arsenal's all-time top scorer with 228 goals.
He was also voted Footballer of the Year in the Premier League on three separate occasions.
In 2007, Henry joined Barcelona for £24 million and won six trophies in 2009 under then manager Pep Guardiola. He ended his three-year stint at Barca scoring 35 goals in 80 appearances.
In 2010 he moved to the US and finished his storied playing career at New York Red Bulls, where he scored 51 goals in 122 appearances.
Henry shined for France throughout his career, netting 51 goals in 123 appearances, and also captained the side from 2008-2010.
He has now transitioned to the managerial side of the game, with stints as an assistant to Roberto Martinez for Belgium and head coaching jobs at Monaco and with Montreal Impact.
- Fernando Torres completes transformation to beast as new gym pic emerges
- Liverpool have 'increasing doubts' over Klopp's future - eyeing Gerrard
- Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski: Who is leading Golden Shoe race?
- Brighton disallowed goal v WBA: Dunk calls out Lee Mason on TV
- Canelo reacts to Jake Paul fans who snuck into ring after Yildirim KO
- LeBron James v Zlatan Ibrahimovic: NBA star hits back at criticism
- UFC news: Jon Jones shows off beefy physique ahead of heavyweight debut
- Lionel Messi's 2021 stats are outrageous after superb display vs Sevilla
- Notts County’s Elisha Sam scores Puskas Award contender vs Oxford City
- Liverpool injuries: Andy Robertson insists no team could overcome them