About Tom Brady
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., known as Tom Brady, is a professional American Football player widely regarded to be the greatest quarterback of all time.
Brady is one of the most decorated players in American Football history, having won multiple team and individual awards during his career with the New England Patriots.
Brady was born in San Mateo, California, in 1977 and played football, basketball and baseball for his local high school. Brady was known as a great baseball player and his skills impressed MLB scouts enough for him to be involved in the 1995 MLB draft. However, he decided to focus on football and signed to play for the University of Michigan from 1995 to 1999.
Brady wasn’t a highly regarded talent coming out of college and was selected by the New England Patriots with the 199th overall pick in the sixth round of 2000 NFL Draft. In his second season, Brady took over as the starting quarterback and led the Patriots to first place in the AFC East and victory at Super Bowl XXXVI where he took home his first Super Bowl MVP award.
With the win in 2001, Brady had become the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl and what followed was a glittering career which saw him become the record holder for the most Super Bowl wins.
He also tied the NFL record for the most Pro Bowl selections, led his team to more division titles than any other quarterback, became the record holder for most career passing yards and touchdown passes, and is one of only two players to amass 70,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Tom Brady Stories
- Justin Tucker, Ja’Marr Chase, LA Rams: Five key performances from NFL week three
- Brady, Jackson, Jones: 5 key performances from NFL week 2
- Lawrence, White, Allen: Five NFL Stars To Watch This Season
- NFL: What to look out for as The Tampa Bay Buccaneers host the Dallas Cowboys
- Who is Noah Beck? Meet the footballer who earns a ridiculous amount on TikTok
- Ronaldo, Messi, Tyson, Pele: The 50 most overrated athletes in history as voted by fans